Makes | 1 1/4 cups
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, with paper still intact
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drizzle a sheet tray with olive oil and add the tomatoes and the garlic cloves. Roast the tomatoes and garlic together until the garlic is soft and the tomatoes have softened. Allow the tomatoes and garlic to cool somewhat before making the dressing.
- When the garlic is just slightly warm, squeeze the softened roasted garlic from the paper and into a blender. Add tomatoes and all remaining ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Blend until smooth and slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the blender is running, and blend until the dressing is smooth and emulsified.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson