Makes | nine spring rolls
- 2 heads baby bok choy, finely sliced or shredded, washed and dried well
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 9 rice spring-roll wrappers, 8 inches round
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp or other protein (cooked tofu or chicken, for example)
- Toss the bok choy, carrot, green onion and herbs together in a bowl.
- Heat water so that you can comfortably put your hand in it briefly, and then one at a time, dip the spring-roll wrappers into the water until softened.
- Place a moistened spring-roll wrapper on a plate or cutting board, arrange three to four pieces of shrimp in the center of the wrapper, and top with 1/2 cup of the veggie mixture.
- Roll up the spring roll just like a burrito and serve immediately with dipping sauce. (For a great peanut dipping sauce recipe, go to “Dress Up Your Salad: Homemade Salad Dressings”.)