Serves | 4
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Couple pinches of salt
- 3 tbs. butter
- 1/2 cup almonds, preferably Marcona, chopped
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Juice of one orange
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the oats, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the almond flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt in a food processor and pulse. Add the butter and pulse until combined. Move to a bowl and mix in the chopped almonds.
- Mix the remaining1/2 cup sugar, the blackberries, orange zest, orange juice, cinnamon and a pinch of salt, and arrange in a baking dish.
- Spread the crumble mixture on top of the berries. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Serve alone, or with vanilla or almond ice cream.
(Recipes reprinted with permission from Seamus Mullen’s Hero Food by Seamus Mullen/Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC.)
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson