Makes four servings
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups apricot or papaya nectar
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground mace
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese (feel free to substitute cream or buttermilk, if you’d like)
- 2 tbs. maple syrup
- Bring water, papaya nectar, apricots, cinnamon and mace to a boil.
- Rinse the millet and quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and toast in a sauté pan over medium heat until lightly browned or toasted, about four minutes.
- Add grains to sauce pot, reduce heat and simmer. Cover pan and cook until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cottage cheese and maple syrup.