Makes | 6 servings
- 2 tbs. coconut oil or ghee
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 or 2 jalapeños, minced
- 2 tbs. minced fresh ginger root or coarsely grated
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, fresh or canned, with juices included
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes (about 3 cups peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat coconut oil or ghee in a large Dutch oven or heavy saucepan.
- Sauté the onion, jalapenos, ginger, garlic, and cumin seeds together over medium heat until softened. Turn heat to low if the vegetables begin to brown too quickly.
- After five to seven minutes add turmeric and coriander. Sauté for two minutes to develop the flavor of the spices then add tomatoes.
- Cook for five minutes, stirring well until mixture resembles a paste. Increase heat to medium and add cauliflower and potatoes. Stir well to coat with the curry mixture.
- Cover to cook, stirring every couple of minutes, making sure the heat isn’t too high that the curry will scorch. Cook until cauliflower and potatoes are tender, then remove from heat.
- Add salt to taste and gently stir in the chopped cilantro.