Makes four servings
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- 1 tbs. minced gingerroot
- 1 tbs. plus 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes, diced and rinsed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package extra-firm silken-style tofu (12.3 oz.), drained and gently crumbled
- ½ to 1 tsp. curry powder
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Meanwhile, heat the stewed tomatoes and ginger in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
When the oven is preheated, melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a roasting pan; add the diced potatoes, onions and garam masala, and toss together. Bake until potatoes are lightly browned and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
When the potatoes are nearly done, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a skillet, and sauté the spinach, crumbled tofu and curry powder just until tofu is heated through and spinach is wilted.
Season with salt to taste, and serve with the roasted potatoes and stewed tomatoes.