Makes four to six servings
Hands-on preparation time 20 minutes
Total preparation time 1 hour
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbs. gingerroot, minced
- 1 tbs. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. garam masala, divided
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs. ghee
- 2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup yellow onion strips
- 1 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced thin (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the yogurt, ginger, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the garam masala, sea salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper together until smooth.
- Toss the chicken-thigh pieces in the yogurt to coat, and allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour or up to six hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spread a large sheet tray with ghee.
- Toss the carrots, cauliflower, onion, and peppers with the remaining 1 teaspoon of garam masala and a little salt. Arrange the chicken pieces on one end of the pan and the vegetables on the other.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through and well browned, stirring after 15 minutes of roasting time to mix chicken and vegetables.
- When the chicken and vegetables are well roasted, remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped cilantro, and serve.