Makes six servings
- 1 cup millet
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tbs. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- Rinse the millet in a fine mesh strainer and toast it in a sauté pot over medium heat until lightly browned or toasted, about four minutes. Remove from pan; use pan in next step.
- Heat the water, coconut milk and curry powder to a low boil. Add the toasted millet to the pan, bring to a boil again, cover and turn down the heat to simmer. Cook until all the water is absorbed and the millet is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked millet to a mixing bowl and toss with red peppers, green onions, raisins, peanuts and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle soy-sauce mixture into the millet and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.