Makes: four servings
Hands-on preparation time: 10 minutes
Total preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbs. sesame seeds
- 1 tbs. whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 4 4-oz. fish fillets
- 2 tbs. ghee, sesame oil, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, quartered
- Mix the seasonings in a bowl. Press each fish fillet in the seasoning and turn to coat each side.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet until a few drops of water flicked into the pan sizzle. Add the ghee or oil. Place the fish fillets in the pan and sear them about two to three minutes on each side.
- Check the fillets with a fork to see if they are cooked through.
- Serve fish sprinkled with chopped fresh cilantro and a lime quarter.