Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- 4 cups chopped sturdy greens (chard, kale, mustard, turnip, collard, or beet greens)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs. capers
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
Add the greens, salt, and olive oil to a large bowl. Massage by hand until the greens have softened and appear darker in color, about one to two minutes.
Add the bell pepper, shallot, capers, and dried basil to the massaged greens and toss. Enjoy fresh or refrigerate for up to three days.
Photography by: Andrea D’Agosto; Prop Styling: Alicia Buszczak; Food Styling: Paul Jackman