Makes: 4 1/2 cups
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbs. fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tbs. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups seedless grapes, cut in half
- 2 tbs. crumbled feta
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: top with peanuts, walnuts, or cashews
- Rinse wild rice under cold running water and drain.
- Bring vegetable broth and wild rice to a boil. Simmer rice uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until the rice is tender. (Rice should have a nutty bite to it when cooked.)
- Drain excess liquid.
- Cover and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary, parsley, grapes and feta. Add the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Per serving (1/2 cup): Calories 130; Protein 4 g; Total Fat 1.5 g; Saturated Fat 0 g; Carbohydrates 26 g; Dietary Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 290 mg