Makes four to six servings
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 tbs. coconut oil, extra-virgin olive oil, or ghee
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds
- 1 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1 tbs. cacao nibs
- Salt to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the cubed squash with the oil and cumin seeds, and roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until caramelized.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the cream by bringing it to a low simmer in a small saucepan.
- Crush the peppercorns and cacao nibs with a heavy skillet and add to the cream. Allow the cream to barely simmer over low heat for 10 more minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, strain the cream and pour it over the squash. Sprinkle with salt to taste.