Makes 12 pieces
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 asparagus spears, tough end trimmed off
- 4 slices prosciutto, each cut into 3 long strips
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Simmer the vinegar in a small saucepan until reduced by half, then chill.
- Blanch the asparagus for one minute, then drain and quickly transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto around each dried asparagus stalk, and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with a drizzle of the vinegar reduction, and salt and pepper to taste.