Makes 12 rounds
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 can refried black beans
- 1/4 cup minced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced cured Spanish chorizo
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup grated queso fresco
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and heat a cast-iron grill pan.
- Brush the sliced sweet potatoes with olive oil and grill about one to two minutes on each side. Heat the refried beans with the bell peppers, chorizo, and lime zest and juice until warm.
- Top each grilled sweet-potato slice with about 1 tablespoon of the chorizo mixture and some of the grated cheese. Arrange on a baking sheet and heat in the oven until cheese is softened.
- Serve warm.