Moms have always taken on a lot, but this past year put a new level of pressure on many of the women in our lives — all the more reason to let them know how much they mean to us and how much we appreciate all they do this Mother’s Day.
Take inspiration from these ideas to express your love and gratitude, whether you’re celebrating together or from afar.
Healthy Additions for a Healthy Life
1. Much-deserved pampering. Give mom some me-time: a stress-relieving massage, rejuvenating facial, or salon service to freshen up homebound cuts and colors. Buy a $100 LifeSpa gift card and receive a $20 bonus now through May 9.
2. Self-care kit. For those who prefer to pamper themselves at home, the Patchology Night-In Kit includes a pedicure foot treatment, sheet mask, eye and lip gels, and hand and cuticle mask — everything someone might want for a self-treatment night.
3. One-on-one fitness guidance. Support mom for the strong and healthy woman she is. Buy three personal training sessions and get one for free when purchased before May 9.
4. Healthy information and inspiration. From the first page to the last, Experience Life — Life Time’s whole-life health and wellness magazine — is full of nutritious recipes, effective workouts, and practical advice for healthy living. No gimmicks, no hype. Give a one-year, 10-issue subscription for just $15 ($25 in Canada).
5. Summer sips. Get a reusable Tea Tumbler that mom can use to fill up on unlimited tea from the LifeCafe all summer long. The new stainless-steel, sweat-resistant design will keep her drink cool for hours, whether she enjoys her black, green, or wild berry hibiscus teas on-the-go or by the pool. (Tea Tumblers will be available at all clubs with a LifeCafe by May 5.)
6. Workout wear. Gear mom up for her workouts with apparel that’s made to move. With on-trend options made from soft, lightweight, and quick-drying fabrics, there’s sure to be a style she’ll love.
7. Family workouts. Have fun and get moving together. Our special Mother’s Day fitness event (happening at Life Time club locations on May 8) includes a family-friendly combination of our SHRED class and yoga movements. Reserve your spot to attend. If you want to move from home, choose from a range of easy-to-follow, on-demand family workout classes for kids of all ages.
8. Breakfast in bed. Treat mom to brunch at home — and in pajamas! Play chef for the morning and whip up this healthy spread that includes chia seed pudding with toasted oat granola, a buckwheat galette with spring vegetables, and a grapefruit-honey mimosa.
9. Mom’s at-club day. Encourage mom to spend a few hours or a full day at Life Time doing everything she loves most: attending her favorite group fitness class, relaxing in the whirlpool, refueling with her go-to shake. Remember, you can always drop your kiddos off with us in the child center.
10. Relaxing soak or spa night. Let mom unwind and have some time to herself. Run her a hot bath, set up a space for self-treatments and time to catch up on some reading or a podcast, or just enjoy some quiet. Here are five at-home spa ideas, including DIY face and hair-mask recipes.
11. Take on the chores. Housework has seldom been more challenging. Surprise mom when she wakes up with a clean house, dish-less sink, or pile of freshly folded laundry (bonus points for putting the laundry away!).
Connect While Staying Apart
12. Distance dinner party or game night. Share smiles, play games, and celebrate mom during a virtual gathering via Zoom, FaceTime, or other video app that allows you to bring family members both near and far together.
13. Special delivery. Made with love, delicious and healthy, and delivered safely to her door, make mom some of our favorite better-for-you treats: raspberry-lemon muffins, mini faux cheesecakes, cookie dough bars, brownie bites, or a gluten-free sourdough starter.
14. Video montage. Seeing the faces of our loved ones can go a long way toward offsetting feelings of isolation. Compile memories you’ve filmed, or collect short videos from your siblings, relatives, or friends and put together a video filled with favorite moments or messages of thanks to and love for mom.