Makes | 2 omelets
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin
- olive oil
- 4 slices pancetta or bacon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3.5 ounces shiitake mushrooms or other wild mushroom, sliced
- 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tbs. clarified butter (ghee) or olive oil
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped arugula or baby arugula leaves
- 4 ounces chèvre
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced pancetta and cook until beginning to brown.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are lightly browned. Remove the mushrooms and pancetta from heat and set aside.
- Heat an omelet pan with clarified butter over medium heat.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the eggs into the omelet pan and cook until egg is set, gently lifting edges of egg with a rubber spatula and swirling the pan gently to allow runny egg to go to the edge and flow into the pan. When the egg is almost set, top with half of the mushroom pancetta mixture, arugula and chèvre.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the omelet in half, and slide it out onto a serving plate. Repeat with the remaining eggs and filling.