Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
Lapsang Souchong–Infused Margarita
Enjoy this sophisticated take on the classic Margarita cocktail.
- 1 tsp. flaky sea salt or kosher salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. sumac (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 1/2 oz. lapsang souchong–infused tequila (see below)
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau (options: Grand Marnier or triple sec)
- 1/2 oz. maple syrup
Lapsang Souchong–Infused Tequila
- 1 tsp. lapsang souchong tea (or 1 teabag of lapsang souchong)
- 1/2 cup reposado tequila
If desired, mix salt with sumac and smoked paprika, and place mixture in a shallow saucer. Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, and dip the rim into the saucer to coat thinly with the salt mixture.
Place remaining ingredients into a shaker with plenty of ice. Shake for about 12 seconds and strain into rocks glass with ice. Serve.
For the tequila: Put tea into a tea filter. Pour tequila into a mug, add tea, and cover. Steep for 20 minutes, then remove the tea.
Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Stylist: Betsy Nelson
Thoughts to share?
More Like This
This concoction is as refreshing as a spa drink and as fancy as a cocktail.
Mulled Cider With Hibiscus
If you want to spike this winter mocktail, substitute red wine for half of the apple cider or pour a little brandy into individual servings.
This Post Has 0 Comments