Serves | four
- 1 tbs. ghee or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs. minced gingerroot
- 1 tbs. curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk (about 14 ounces)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the ghee in a heavy saucepan and sauté the onion, celery and carrots until just tender.
- Add the gingerroot and curry powder and sauté for another five minutes until aromatic.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable stock, and simmer until vegetables are tender. Blend the soup with an immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and freshly cracked black pepper.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson