Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled, trimmed and sliced at a 45-degree angle and 1/3-inch thick
- 2 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbs. curry powder
- 1 golf-ball size piece of fresh ginger, sliced
- Pinch of red chili flakes
Combine all ingredients in a sauté pan over high heat.
When simmering, turn heat down to medium, cover and cook for three minutes. Remove lid and, while tossing regularly, let liquid evaporate until it reduces into a nice glaze.
Season with sea salt and serve.
This recipe originally appeared in “Holiday Health on the Side” in the December 2004 issue of Experience Life.