- 5 large carrots, cut into sticks
- 5 medium radishes, quartered
- 2 leeks, sliced into 1-inch disks
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Place the vegetables in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast until fork tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Bring vegetable broth or water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Slowly add the cornmeal, whisking continuously to avoid clumping. Add salt and black pepper and whisk to combine.
Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until polenta is creamy and thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add olive oil, parsley, and basil, and stir to incorporate, then remove from heat.
Portion polenta into four bowls, then top with veggies and optional poached eggs and bacon, and serve.
Photography by: Andrea D’Agosto, Prop Styling by: Alicia Buszczak, Food Styling by: Paul Jackman