Makes 2 cups | Preparation time 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. hot paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium-size saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- The sauce can be used immediately or refrigerated for up to one month. Be sure to cool it in the refrigerator before using as a marinade.