Makes | 4 to 6 servings
- 4 to 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 2 tbs. good-quality red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups chopped (1-inch pieces) Savoy, Napa or green cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Mash the anchovies in the bottom of a salad bowl with garlic, vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, and salt and black pepper to taste. Add the cabbage and parsley, and toss to coat evenly.
- Top with a grating of fresh Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson