Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- 2 large beets, peeled and cubed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and cubed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 16 oz. precooked sausage links (any kind, including meatless)
- 1 bunch kale, leaves stripped from stems and chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Place the beets, parsnips, and onions in a large bowl, then add the olive oil, salt, and sage. Toss to coat. The beets may stain the parsnips pink — this is normal.
Spread the vegetables on a 13-x-18-inch sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes.
While the vegetables roast, slice the sausages into 1-inch rounds.
At 20 minutes, stir the sausage into the vegetables and roast for 10 minutes longer.
Sprinkle the chopped kale leaves over the pan and fold them into the hot mixture, then roast for 10 more minutes, until the beets are tender and the kale softened.
For more sheet-pan breakfast ideas, visit “5 Simple Sheet-Pan Breakfasts“.
Photography by: Andrea D’Agosto; Prop Styling: Alicia Buszczak; Food Stylist: Paul Jackman