Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups tightly packed baby arugula
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh basil or mint
- 3 tbs. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place a small skillet over low heat. Add almonds and toast, stirring often, until slightly golden and nutty smelling, about two minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Put the arugula, fennel, berries, and mint or basil in a large bowl, and toss gently to combine.
Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
Drizzle about 6 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over salad and toss again. Divide into bowls, scatter feta and toasted almonds on top, and serve.
Tip: Store leftover vinaigrette in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.