Serves | four
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 small cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 6-inch-by-8-inch baking dish.
- Make a crosswise slit in each chicken breast, about halfway through the chicken breast, to make a “pocket” for the stuffing.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the remaining olive oil until soft. Add the spinach and garlic and cook until the spinach is wilted. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each chicken breast with the spinach mixture and arrange the stuffed chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with fresh salad greens.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson
Why No Numbers?
Readers sometimes ask us why we don’t publish nutrition information with our recipes. We believe that (barring specific medical advice to the contrary) if you’re eating primarily whole, healthy foods — an array of sustainably raised vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, meats, fish, eggs, whole-kernel grains, and healthy fats and oils — you probably don’t need to stress about the numbers. We prefer to focus on food quality and trust our bodies to tell us what we need. — The Editors