Makes: four 6-inch pizzas
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- 1 block (12.5-oz.) plain brown rice mochi (found in the refrigerated section of Asian markets and most natural markets)
- 1 tbs. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt (if your herb seasoning is salt-free)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe Anjou pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 slices prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. finely chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make the crust: Coarsely grate the block of mochi and toss with the seasonings and the warm water. Drizzle a parchment-lined sheet pan with the olive oil.
- Divide the mochi mixture into four equal portions and press into 6-inch circles.
- Bake the crusts until lightly browned on the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the toppings and bake until the prosciutto and pecans are toasted.