Makes: four to six servings
Preparation time: 60 to 70 minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower, about 1½ pounds, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8-ounce container of crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
- 1 cup finely grated Manchego cheese, about 2 ounces
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In an 8-x-8-inch baking pan, toss the cauliflower with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower for about 20 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together the crème fraîche, green onions, and cheese. When the cauliflower is finished roasting, stir in the crème-fraîche mixture.
- Sprinkle with the almonds, and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until the gratin is golden brown and bubbly.