Makes | six servings
- 6 cups thinly sliced beets (about 4 to 5 medium beets)
- 2 tbs. red-wine vinegar
- Flake sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbs. capers
- 2 tbs. finely minced red onion
- 4 tsp. toasted hazelnut oil or other flavorful, high-quality oil
- 1/2 cup micro greens or baby field greens
- Toss the beets with vinegar. Marinate at room temperature for five minutes and then arrange the beet slices artfully on a platter.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, capers and red onion, and drizzle with hazelnut oil.
- Top with a small mound of micro greens in the center.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson