Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- 1 cup dry wild rice
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups organic, lower-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tbs. butter
Rinse the rice, if directed on package. Place the chicken breasts, chicken broth or stock, rice, carrots, onion, celery, thyme, and rosemary in a large slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and transfer to a bowl. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
In a blender or food processor, blend together the beans (undrained) and half-and-half until very smooth. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker along with the butter. Cook for 30 minutes to heat through. Spoon into bowls to serve.