Makes 8 to 10 servings | Prep time 10 minutes, plus at least three hours to chill
- 1 qt. pomegranate-juice blend, such as pomegranate-cranberry or pomegranate-cherry (look for 100 percent juice)
- 2 cups elderberry juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, seeded and diced
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 4 cups sparkling water
- In a large pitcher, mix pomegranate and elderberry juices; add cinnamon sticks and fruits.
- Cover and steep for at least a few hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve in wine glasses, distributing the fruit among them and adding sparkling water for a little fizz.
Suggested spirit: Top off with a bit of brandy.