Prep time 10 minutes | Cook time 18 minutes
- 1/2 cup almonds (raw or soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (raw or soaked and dehydrated)
- 1/3 cup pepitas (raw or soaked and dehydrated)
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tbs. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon or allspice
- 1 heaping tbs. goji berries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine nuts and seeds in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, add the maple syrup and coconut oil. Whisk the maple syrup and oil over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds until coconut oil is melted; remove from heat.
- Mix in the salt, spices, and chia seeds; stir until fully combined.
- Pour the nuts and seed mixture into the saucepan; using a rubber spatula to scrape up all the syrup and oil, combine the mixture until fully coated and evenly distributed.
- Line a baking pan with parchment or Silpat; pour the mixture out on the pan and distribute in one even layer (you will not need the entire width of the pan).
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir, and roast another seven to eight minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir in goji berries while mixture is still warm. Let cool on pan. Once hardened, break up any large chunks and store in a glass container for up to five days.