Makes 24 mini-muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 large organic eggs
- 3½ tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tbs. water
- 1½ tsp. dark-amber maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 12 kalamata olives, pits removed, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a mini-muffin tin or line it with muffin papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the almond meal, salt, pepper, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, water, and maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well to combine. Then stir in the zucchini and olives.
- Fill each muffin cup with about 2 tablespoons of batter. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve.
Cook’s Note: To prevent the muffins from sticking to the pan if you don’t use paper liners, make sure to grease the cups well. Allow the muffins to cool completely before removing them from the tin.