Makes six servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
- 3 large, whole carrots, washed and trimmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped arugula, watercress, dandelion greens, or mustard greens
- 11/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- When oven is hot, place the carrots on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast until they are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lasagna ingredients. Roast the zucchini slices on a lightly oiled sheet until just tender, about 10 minutes. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper. Remove the roasted zucchini from the sheet, replace with the arugula, and return the pan to the oven to wilt the greens, about five to seven minutes.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the garlic, eggs, and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper.
- When the carrots are roasted, add to a blender with the vegetable stock and blend until smooth. Season with chopped fresh dill, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Pour half of the carrot-dill sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-9-inch pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with a single layer of the zucchini slices, then cover with half of the roasted greens. Top with the ricotta-cheese mixture, sprinkle with the remaining greens, and layer with the zucchini slices.
- Pour the rest of the carrot sauce on top and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, and serve.