Makes | about 2 cups
- 4 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 5 green onions, sliced long and thin on the bias
- 2 tbs. Korean chili pepper flakes or crushed red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced gingerroot
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbs. fish sauce or anchovy sauce
- Toss the shredded Brussels sprouts and green onions with the salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. After 20 minutes, rinse the sprouts and onions well and drain well; then, combine with the spice mixture. The kimchi is now ready to eat. If you would like to age it a bit, place the mixture in a tightly sealed canning jar and allow to sit overnight at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator and consume within one month.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson