Makes four servings
Prep time:45 minutes, plus marinating
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbs. grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbs. honey
- 3/4 pound pork loin, sliced into 1/8-inch-thin strips
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1 tsp. brown-rice vinegar
- 1 tbs. peanut oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 6 cups chopped mustard greens, dandelion greens, or watercress
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 4 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Kimchi for serving (optional)
- 4 poached eggs (optional)
- Combine the tamari, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and honey with the pork strips in a bowl; marinate the meat for at least one hour or overnight.
- Drizzle the cucumber with the brown-rice vinegar.
- Heat a heavy skillet with the peanut oil, and sauté the meat and its marinade with the green onions. When the meat is cooked, toss in the greens and cook until wilted.
- Divide the cooked rice into individual bowls, and top with the meat and greens, radishes, carrots, and cucumbers, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve with kimchi and top with a poached egg, if desired.