Yields 2 drinks | Serving glass Highball
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 4 oz. 100 percent pomegranate juice
- 1 12-ounce bottle ginger beer (or ginger ale)
- Alcohol-free simple bitters (see recipe below)
- Lime wedges
- Divide the ice and pomegranate juice equally between two glasses.
- Top with ginger beer, a dash of bitters, and a lime-wedge garnish.
(Alcohol options: Gin or vodka)
Yields 1 cup | Prep time 5 minutes | Cook time 30 minutes
Bitters are traditionally made by infusing bitter herbs and other ingredients in alcohol, but you can make your own natural, nonalcoholic bitters in a pinch.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 orange or lemon
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed
- 1 tsp. dried dandelion root or dandelion-root tea
- 1 tbs. dried cherries or raisins
- Pour boiling water over the ingredients and infuse for about 30 minutes.
- Strain, and chill before using.
- Store in the refrigerator. Use within one week.