Yields 2 drinks | Serving glass Lowball or stemmed glass
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup fresh blood-orange juice (about 2 blood oranges)
- 1/4 cup Campari-esque Bitters Tea, chilled (see recipe below)
- 1 slice blood orange, cut in half, for garnish
- Divide the crushed ice between two glasses.
- Mix the juice and tea together, pour over the ice, and garnish each glass with a blood-orange slice.
(Alcohol options: Gin and Campari)
Campari-esque Bitters Tea
Yields 1 cup | Prep time 5 minutes | Cook time 20 minutes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbs. hibiscus tea
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. dried horehound leaves
- Zest of one blood orange
- Pour boiling water over the ingredients, and infuse for 20 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
- Store in the refrigerator. Use within one week. (You may also freeze in an ice-cube tray to use later as needed.)