Makes three servings
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk or soy milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbs. maple syrup
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth.
Chef’s note: If using all fresh berries, add 1/4 cup ice to blender.
Why No Numbers?
Readers sometimes ask us why we don’t publish nutrition information with our recipes. We believe that (barring specific medical advice to the contrary) if you’re eating primarily whole, healthy foods — an array of sustainably raised vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, meats, fish, eggs, whole-kernel grains, and healthy fats and oils — you probably don’t need to stress about the numbers. We prefer to focus on food quality and trust our bodies to tell us what we need. — The Editors