My sons and their friends wolf down this gluten-free treat for an after-school snack. We also like it in the mornings as a healthy breakfast option. – Elana Amsterdam
Makes eight servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes plus cooling time
- 2 1/2cups blanched-almond flour (not almond meal), plus more for dusting the pan
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Grease a 9-inch, round metal baking dish with coconut oil and dust with almond flour.
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Add coconut oil, honey, and eggs; pulse. Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- To make topping, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sliced almonds in a bowl. Sprinkle topping over the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool, then serve.
Elana Amsterdam is a pioneer in grain-free cooking and baking. She is the New York Times best-selling author of Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, and Gluten-Free Cupcakes. In 2006 she founded the popular website ElanasPantry.com.