Quick Grab and Go Snack Ideas
- Hummus and veggie sticks. Get a few of our favorite hummus recipes at “Hummus, Three Ways.” Slice up carrots, celery, or bell peppers for grab-and-go dippers.
- Nuts and seeds. A fistful of nuts or seeds provides protein and healthy fats, plus a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Nut butter and fruit. Try apple slices with cashew butter, pear slices with almond butter, or berries with hazelnut butter.
- Boiled eggs. Portable by nature, a boiled egg is a great option for quick protein while on the move. Get our tips for making the perfect egg every time at “How to Boil an Egg.”
- Cheese or meat sticks. When possible, pick organic brands with few ingredients. Choose a full-fat cheese for the best nutrient absorption, and avoid meat products with sweeteners, nitrates, nitrites, or preservatives.
- Cottage cheese with berries. If you think of cottage cheese as a bland, watery mess, you need to know about the new, upgraded cottage cheese. Newer organic brands are available with live cultures and probiotics. They’re tastier than the conventional stuff — and healthier, too.
- Bone broth. Rich in restorative, anti-inflammatory collagen, bone broth can be poured into a to-go mug and sipped at your leisure. Get our recipe for making your own at “How to Make Bone Broth.”
This was excerpted from “Fuel Your Body With These 5 High-Protein Snacks” which was published in Experience Life magazine.
This Post Has 0 Comments