Get the latest content and program updates via The Insider from Life Time.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped parsley with tender stems, packed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of allspice
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup jumbo green olives or Spanish queen olives, halved
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Add quinoa and water to a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
Add parsley, green onions, lemon juice, sea salt, allspice, and black pepper to a food processor. Pulse until everything is finely minced, scraping down the sides as needed. Drizzle in olive oil and pulse to combine.
Scrape the dressing into a large mixing bowl, then add the finely chopped tomatoes and quinoa and stir until mixed.
Create a base with the quinoa mixture and top with the chickpeas, olives, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Enjoy with hummus, if desired. Eat within five days.