Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tbs. peanut butter
- 2 tbs. coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. chili-garlic paste
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. red-pepper flakes
- 4 oz. pad thai brown-rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 oz. peanuts, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until smooth. If your peanut butter or honey is too thick, set the jars in a warm-water bath for five minutes to soften before mixing the sauce.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Strain and rinse the noodles thoroughly in cold water.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the rice noodles with the peanut sauce, bell pepper, edamame, purple cabbage, and carrots.
Just before serving, garnish with peanuts and sliced green onions. Enjoy within five days.
Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food styling by: Betsy Nelson