Makes | 4 to 6 servings
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 4 cups finely chopped cauliflower, stems included (about 1/2 head of cauliflower)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, chopped and soaked in 1/4 cup warm water
- Pinch of saffron, soaked in 1 tbs. warm water
- 1 can (4.25 ounce) sardine fillets, drained
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta, cooked
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (or crushed red chili flakes) to taste
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat and pan-roast the cauliflower until tender and golden brown. Add garlic, raisins, saffron and sardines.
- Cook and stir until the sardines break apart. Toss in the pasta and parsley and season with salt and pepper, lemon zest, and juice.
- Serve with Pecorino Romano cheese.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson