Makes four servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
- 2 tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tbs. balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole strawberries, hulled
- 2 tsp. thinly sliced fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar if using, olive oil, salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl, and whisk to combine. Add the strawberries and stir gently until the strawberries are well coated.
- Spread the strawberries on the lined baking sheet in a single layer, and drizzle the liquid from the bowl over the strawberries. Bake for about 90 minutes, until the strawberries are about half their original size, stirring and redistributing them halfway through the baking time. Let cool for five minutes, then transfer the berries and any remaining juices to a bowl.
- Gently stir in the mint, then let sit for five minutes for the flavors to meld. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving suggestion: Serve strawberries alone in a dish, or layer with yogurt in a parfait glass.