Makes 4 to 6 servings | Prep time 15 minutes | Cook time 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. Brussels sprouts
- 2 to 3 tbs. melted ghee or fat of choice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- Aged balsamic vinegar to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Cut off the ends and pull any old outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts.
- Cut the sprouts in half, and toss them with the melted ghee, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the coated sprouts onto a foil-lined baking sheet, making sure to keep everything in one layer. Sprinkle the diced bacon over everything, and pop the sheet into the oven.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, checking at 10-minute intervals to rotate and
flip the sprouts.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the finished dish to taste. Serve warm.
Photography by: Henry Fong
This recipe has been excerpted from “Nom Nom Paleo” that originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Experience Life.