Makes 4 servings
- 1 12–oz. block extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. tamari
- 1 tbs. honey
- Drain the tofu and wrap it in a kitchen towel; press gently and allow tofu block to stand 15 minutes while the towel wicks away excess moisture. Unwrap and place the block on a cutting board; cut in five slices lengthwise, then cut across the block to make 10 half-inch-wide slices.
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and spread 1 tablespoon olive oil on the parchment. Use a spatula to transfer tofu pieces to the pan. In a cup, stir together 2 tablespoons tamari and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Drizzle about half of the mixture over the tofu, then turn the pieces and drizzle with the remaining amount.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, then turn the tofu pieces with a spatula and bake for 10 minutes longer. Cool on a rack.
This recipe appeared in “How to Prep 5 Easy Grain Bowls” in the January/February 2019 issue of Experience Life.