Optimal health requires a solid foundation of habits in three primary categories: nutrition, fitness, and lifestyle — the latter of which includes factors like sleep, stress management, social connections, environment, and more. While we can all do our best to consistently make good choices in these areas, what many often don’t realize is how big of a role our living environment plays in our health: It can either set us up for success or present additional barriers.
That’s why many health professionals encourage strategies like keeping tempting foods out of our home or joining a weekly training group. There’s something about minimizing obstacles and being surrounded by likeminded individuals that makes it so much easier to stay on track.
We’ve seen real-life examples of this: People who live in environments set up to better support health often tend to be healthier themselves. That’s why when Life Time came up with the concept for its Life Time Living properties, it has been said that they saw it as an opportunity to design and structure them with built-in reinforcements and motivation — so that healthy living could be as convenient as possible.
Life Time Living is Life Time’s recent endeavor to support members’ healthy way of life ambitions; its first iteration — with nearly 500 apartment homes — opened in Coral Gables, Fla., in 2021. In 2022, its second location opened in Henderson, Nev., with 149 apartment homes. Both built alongside a Life Time athletic country club, it’s a first-of-its-kind comprehensive experience that takes all the factors of health into consideration.
Here are some of the key nutrition, fitness, and lifestyle habits we know make a difference for nearly everyone, as well as the unique ways Life Time Living can make those endeavors easier and more enjoyable.
- Eat foods that nourish your body, prioritizing fresh, whole foods and high-quality protein, healthy fats, and fiber from lots of veggies at nearly every meal.
- Use quality supplements, such as a multivitamin, fish oil, and vitamin D, to further support your body’s nutritional needs.
- Stay hydrated, aiming to consume half your body weight in ounces of water daily — and more if you’re active.
How our spaces help:
- Set yourself up for success by meal prepping in a well-equipped kitchen featuring stainless steel appliances and non-reactive granite countertops that won’t off-gas chemicals into your food. Check out these meal-prep ideas.
- Take the guesswork out of meal planning by exploring the hundreds of healthy recipes available to you here at ExperienceLife.Lifetime.Life. This recipe library features meal ideas from our print magazine, LifeCafe, Training programs, and more.
- Eat onsite at the LifeCafe or preorder on the Life Time Digital app to take food to go on days when you don’t feel like cooking. The menu is comprised of dietitian-approved shakes, snacks, salads, and meals.
- Move your body in one way or another every single day. Include structured workouts and exercise that challenge you, as well as leisurely movements and activities that are simply for fun.
- Balance your cardio and weight-training efforts. Ideally, aim to strength train three to four times per week.
- Prioritize active recovery — think a walk outside, yoga class, or massage.
How our spaces help:
- Enjoy a complimentary membership to our Life Time athletic club as part of your apartment-home lease. Included in your membership is access to best-in-class cardio and strength machines and other fitness equipment, nearly 100 weekly group fitness classes, and spaces for recreation such as our pools.
- Maintain your fitness from the comfort of home or on-the-go with access to our virtual app which includes on-demand classes, virtual training programs, and more.
- Push your efforts with personal or small-group training programs or Pilates classes (available for an additional cost).
- Aim to get seven to eight hours of sleep each night, doing your best to stick to a relatively consistent sleep-wake schedule.
- Care for yourself mentally, using techniques that work for you to actively manage your stressors.
- Make time to connect with others socially and prioritize the meaningful relationships in your life.
How our spaces help:
- Enjoy more restful sleep with state-of-the-art soundproofing and black-out shades in the bedrooms.
- Relax and recharge at the LifeSpa with a massage or facial, or freshen up your look with a haircut or color.
- Get to know other residents in the community at the resort-style outdoor pool, in group fitness classes, at special events, or by participating in our run and cycle clubs.
Two of these first-of-their-kind communities are now open: Our Coral Gables, Fla. location and our Henderson, Nev. location. More locations are soon to follow. Visit living.lifetime.life to learn more.