Makes 2 1/4 cups
- 1 3/4 cup cooked white beans (or one 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed well)
- 1/2 cup unsalted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 tbs. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine the beans, peanut butter, honey and milk in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Toss in the sesame seeds and pulse two times. Chill about 1/2 hour before serving.
- Use this spread on sandwiches, wraps or whole wheat English muffins, or serve with sliced apples, bananas, celery and whole-grain crackers for a great snack.
Recipe presented by Conscious Cuisine.
This recipe was excerpted from “White Beans” which was published in the December 2009 issue of Experience Life.