Makes four servings
For the Cabbage Rolls
- 4 napa cabbage leaves
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 tbs. minced ginger
- 2 tbs. finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned daikon radish
- 1/2 cup julienned napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup julienned yellow squash
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 12 ounces Asian baked tofu, cut into small diced pieces
For the Dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. chili paste
- 2 tbs. thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, garnish
- Bring a medium saucepot with water to a boil. In a large bowl, prepare an ice bath with cold water and ice. Place the cabbage in the boiling water for 30 seconds to one minute to blanch, then place in ice water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and green onions. Stir in the carrots, radish, cabbage, squash and mushrooms. Sauté for about three minutes. Remove from the heat and place in a mixing bowl. Gently fold in the tofu.
- Assembly: Scoop 1/4 cup of the tofu mixture into the middle of a cabbage leaf. Fold in the sides of the cabbage and then begin rolling up the end of the cabbage to form a roll. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Place the cabbage rolls in the top of a steamer and steam for five to seven minutes or until hot throughout.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dipping-sauce ingredients. Arrange two cabbage rolls on serving plate and garnish with the chives. Serve with dipping sauce.