Makes four to six servings | Preparation time 30 minutes
- 2 tsp. sesame or sunflower oil
- 1 lb. lamb meat (leg or stew meat) cut into 1/2-x-1-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. minced gingerroot
- 2 to 3 tbs. Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 15-oz. can coconut milk
- 8 oz. brown-rice noodles, steamed brown rice, or roasted potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the sesame oil in a cast-iron skillet and add the lamb and onions. Sauté until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Add the gingerroot, curry paste, carrots, and asparagus. Sauté five minutes, then add the coconut milk.
- Simmer until the vegetables are al dente. Season with salt if needed.
- Spoon the stir-fry over brown-rice noodles, brown rice, or roasted potatoes.
- Top with chopped Thai basil and mint, and serve with lime wedges.
Food Photography by: Terry Brennan; Food Styling by: Betsy Nelson